Friday, March 6, 2009

Zoo


Last weekend, I went to the Riverbanks Zoo with a large group of friends.  It was a blast. However, it did get me to thinking about captivity. 

I believe that zoo's are good.  So long as they provide ample room and a good environment for the animals and take extremely good care of them.  

I do not, however, like the idea of animals being taken from the wild.  I think that zoo's should rescue animals from circuses that no longer need them, other zoo's that can no longer take care of them and places where they have been abused.  

Only under dire circumstances should a wild animal be placed under captivity.  It is just cruel.  
Don't get me wrong, I do believe in conservation but not unnecessary captivity.

Well, I am going to get off my soapbox for a while.  Have a good day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment